Frequently Asked Question
Place the Vx805 in USB mode.
1. While the pin pad is booting up you will see a screen that says: “XPI Initializing…Please Wait…”
2. The XPI version will then be displayed. Immediately press the alpha + 8 keys simultaneously.
3. You will now see a list of interfaces. Select USB by pressing the corresponding F key.
4. You will then be prompted to select whether the backlight is used or not. Enable the backlight with the corresponding F key.
5. You are now able to communicate with the pin pad over the virtual COM port
Add parameters to prevent crashing (“Out of Memory” or debug message)
1. Press F2 and F4 to enter system mode.
2. The password is 1 ALPHA ALPHA 6 6 8 3 1 enter (Alpha is a black key located directly above the 2 key Enter is the Green key)
3. Press 2 for “Edit Parameters”.
4. Press ENTER if it says "GroudID 1". The password is 1 ALPHA ALPHA 6 6 8 3 1 enter again.
5. Press ENTER if it says “CONFIG.SYS”.
6. Press 2 for “Find”.
7. Enter *DHEAP And press the green button. For the alpha characters, press the associated number key followed by ALPHA until the correct letter appears.
8. Press 2 Add Variable
9. For the value, enter 0.
10. Press ENTER to confirm the new value.
11. Press 2 for “Find”.
12. Enter #CZE For the alpha characters, press the associated number key followed by ALPHA until the correct letter appears. # is located below the 9 key.
13. Press ENTER to confirm the new parameter.
14. Press 2 Add Variable
15. For the value, enter 1. Press Enter
16. Press CANCEL. (Red Button)
17. Press 1 for “Restart”.
1. Go to Manager Menu
2. Click Exit to Windows
3. Double click Shortcut to ePOS
4. Once POS loads, click ok. It should not display an error message.
5. Go to Manager Menu.
6. Click EMV Param D/L
7. After a minute or two, you can click ok and return to POS.
8. New Credit Card Machine is ready.